Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Summer in San Francisco!

Yesterday was the first day of summer in San Francisco- I kid you not. And I know damn well I can't complain  too loudly- a lot of people would very happily trade their hot sweltering weather for the windy/cloudy/foggy months that substitute for summer here. But it just aint natural to walk about in sweaters and jackets during the dog days of August- certainly not in the lower Northern Hemisphere. 

And what a lovely change of pace to see summer dresses and shorts on sidewalks and bicycles- to finally experience that uniquely liberating ease upon your skin where you step out unto the outside world and all your senses feel as if it's just one large extension of your very own living room. You miss that after a while, you miss summer...

1 comment:

mark page said...

Try Manchester, I swear I got webbed feet......