Thursday, February 28, 2013

CHANGE OF PACE...

Well, I've certainly threatened it enough times, and at last, the time seems nigh at hand- things will be definitely slowing down a tad here. Not only have I said much that needs be said (photographically and otherwise), but I now find myself somewhat involved with this thing we love called photography- this time, my own. I've finally got this portrait project off the launchpad, and though I still have no idea if it will successfully achieve orbit- it has launched, and is effectively accelerating.

Unfortunately, because of the nature of the subject matter (ie- respect to those participating with developmental disabilities) I won't be posting the results as I go along. I think they have to be viewed in context, and as a whole. That said, if pleased with how they progress, I may gather a strong dozen (if and when that occurs) and attempt some kind of publication, grant writing or other recourse toward funding- something that will lead to actual prints, publication, exhibition, whatever. Again, that is one possible version of the future...

In the meantime, making exhibition quality files of high res scans from these portraits, as well as some other recent, non related work, is taking a considerable amount of my free time and effort. Usually, down and dirty lo res scans suffice, but these high res scans (all silver negs) are some highly picky critters that demand attention, time and concentration, lots of it, (particularly from a photoshop amateur on a toy monitor).

I'm in uncharted waters, studio type portraits ain't my usual- and the sensitive subject matter and my bare bones approach makes it necessary to proceed and feel my way s-l-o-w-l-y. No pain, no gain as they say...

 BTW, the 40mm Ultron is one killer performer!

2 comments:

Eric Rose said...

Congrats buddy. Just keep those horizons level, wink wink.

Stan B. said...

Thanks for starting the day off with a laugh...