Monday, January 3, 2011

1 Corinthians 13:11


When I was a child I couldn't get it through my head how there could be people literally living, and dying, on the streets of India- with other people walking by them plain as day, not a worry in the world. How could that possibly be? What manner of humans can live with such utter disregard and lack of sympathy for their fellow man? 

Then the seventies came along, and by the end of the decade, it was just common day ordinary to see yet another "bag lady" asking for change, another homeless person eating out of the garbage. Now, it's a whole decade into a brand new century, and no longer the child, on a good day, I get to take pretty, sometimes even scenic snaps of the homeless on my way to and from a job that keeps me but one pay check removed from... them. Goddamnit, didn't ya just know things would kinda all work out one day?

No comments: