Sunday, September 22, 2013

Let The Sadness Hit You Like A Truck...


Gotta make a decent scan of this...
I don't have a smart phone, didn't get a cell phone till around 2003, after my wife kept insisting that we had to get them so that we could locate and dig each other out after The Big One here in "don't call it Frisco." It didn't seem to matter that cell phone service will undoubtedly be one of the first casualties when it does hit. So I carried it around for the first year and a half turned Off. And the wife yelled at me some more till I finally left it On. But I still don't text, and I've never responded to the one someone sent me a few years back.

I'm on the computer way too much as is; I have an addictive personality, and it's by far the best toy I've ever had since the camera. But I want to experience life when I leave my fortress of solitude and distraction- painfully, monotonously boring and aggravating as it usually is. And I don't want to be one of those people I constantly see looking into their palm sized screens as if it held the secret to a better life, a more fulfilled life, the life I could imagine myself to have if only I too walked around staring at my palm. Anyone can promptly list the advantages of smart phones- I'll let the great 21st century philosopher, Louis C.K., espouse the drawbacks...

Click on link below if video does not play-

No comments: