Monday, January 26, 2009

El Camino del Rey

I recently posted on what a grand adventure doing Bolivia's Road of Death would be- but this is one I have no such "romance" for whatsoever. Why the former and not the latter? Besides the more obvious, in your face confrontation with acrophobia that the latter provides, it also presents one with little more photographic opportunity than some apprehensive point of view shots, and a few picture postcard scenics. The ends just don't justify the means in my book...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After watching that video my palms are sweating and I feel slightly ill.

Anonymous said...

Nasty - I wouldn't do that and I wouldn't go on the Bolivian road of death.

Stan B. said...

Colin- Why am I not surprised by someone too ummm... "concerned" about riding their bike in beautiful downtown Bath. Did you know one of the main tourist draws on the Road of Death is going down one particular stretch on bike? Apparently, quite a few people have already not made proper use of their brakes.

Anyway, whenever I go across the pond, it's strictly to keep both feet on the cobblestones, with the occasional look back for the rampaging pack of skinheads. And with this economy, it's gonna be a long time coming before I can once again afford those wayward glances.