Thursday, October 16, 2008

Some Friendly (Photographic) Advice...

The Fall issue of Photographer's Forum magazine features two photographers who offer some some very sage advice addressing: age, creativity, and persistence...

Gary Monroe: As I get older I have to work harder to maintain an edge to my photographs. I make a conscious effort to stay as enthralled by the world as when I first discovered how my photographs transformed it in pictures. I see so many photographer's works become plastic with age and time. Some things have not changed at all. I use the same camera, the same two lenses, the same developer I've always used.

John Humble: I started photographing seriously in 1974. My first solo show was in 1992. I worked for a long time with no support, no recognition, no nothing. The important thing is that if you have something that you are interested in saying, something that speaks to you in a way that you have a personal response to, it's important to keep at it, to continue and not give up!!!

No comments: