Tuesday, October 14, 2014

What's Up With Blogger???

Took down two most recent photos that I posted here. Reason? They look like shit on Blogger- particularly when embiggened. The loss in contrast became apparent in recent months, but now the loss in sharpness and resolution is truly frightening. Don't know what's going on, perhaps it only affects scanned B&W (is that even possible?)- but it wasn't like this before...

From now on, think I'll just link to them on Flickr while keeping them small here- RIDICULOUS, yes, but the best work around I can think of...

UPDATE: Apparently, Google (which bought up Blogger) now has a new algorithm thingie for uploading photos which automatically "enhances" your photos on Google+, and if you're not on the latter, I can only guess it automatically fucks them up for good measure, as is probably the case here. I have no desire to join Google+ (since it would cause a host of other unrelated changes), so I'm kinda stuck between fucked and screwed- kinda like in real life...

2 comments:

Blake Andrews said...

Hi Stan, I haven't noticed loss of resolution but Blogger occasionally mangles my jpgs by converting to a very dark colorspace. I'm not sure why or how. It only happens occasionally but it's annoying. There are many other problems with Blogger as you probably know. But at this point I'm too lazy to move it all over to some other platform. So I just live with it.

Stan B. said...

Blake- Apparently this was some kind of weird, temporary, one time aberration. I'm almost inclined to believe I imagined it- but I know what I saw, and just hope whatever happened, doesn't happen again.