Monday, August 4, 2014

Extra! Extra! Old Man Gets Thrown A Bone!


Brooklyn- Photo: © S. Banos
 
Well, I entered a good half dozen competitions this year- some I damn well knew I didn't have the proverbial snowball's chance in hell, others, I thought...

Not a one panned out; nothing, nada, zip- until late last month when one photo was accepted into Rayko's Travel Exhibit premiering this Aug 6. Take note kids- forty, long, tempestuous years of vitamins and exercise in the absolute indignity of complete and utter obscurity... And now I get to bask in my longer than overdue just rewards of fabulous and never ending fame and fortune! That's right- every penny, every sacrifice finally paid off, and it's all mine for the taking! No longer will I have to use film, write a blog or lower myself to the masses. Everything changes this moment forward (y'all just lucky I didn't make it into the promo)!

If you're in the neighborhood, drop on by and I may even acknowledge your presence- although admittedly, I'll be too busy planning the retrospective to give you the time of day...

5 comments:

I HUSTLE AND OTHER THINGS said...

LOL and congrats

Stan B. said...

Thank ya, kindly (but you'll just have to wait in line like everyone else)!

Eric Rose said...

May I kiss your ring? Congrats Stan. Hopefully the bribe money will go to a good cause ;)

Stan B. said...

No kissing- the gallery is imposing strict Ebola watch guidelines (least, that's where I'm told the money went).

Rahul Pandey said...

LoL ,,,, it was funny