Friday, May 24, 2013

My Foe Flickr!

At least that seems to be the general impression from 99.99% of the comments on their site alone. I can't get all that excited about it either way, and not knocking those that are- guess I just don't have as much vested in it as do others. That said, can't say I much like the changes myself; don't see the absolute necessity to make it look like every other place (and I am partial to the more white walled gallery like presentation)- guess it's something to do with making it more mobile friendly. Dunno...

The very least they could do, very much need to do, is change the format for the Sets page so that it doesn't display random crops of your lead photos- and that needs to happen now...

Anyway, as of 00:30 Pacific Time (5/24/13), Flickr (for the first time I can recall) is very much dead in the water and has apparently either collapsed from the colossal weight of its own new fangled undertaking, or has become the victim of one of its more virulent, tech savvy hater/hackers.

Interesting to see what the morning brings...  Update: Rise and Shine, and back up!

1 comment:

Noah Beil said...

Before this change, I regularly read complaints that flickr had been abandoned by Yahoo and was languishing for lack of new features. I guess you can't please everyone.