Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Complete Set...


Sold the back up F100 (gave up considerable bells and whistles, as well as size) for an 'ol rock solid F3 (KEH- $200)- there's just something about a ratcheted advance lever (and 100% view finder accuracy)! This completes my macho Nikon film Triad- an F3, F100, FM3a (and my FG emergency spare). Now that I know that a 35mm film/digital hybrid existence is, in fact, feasible (not just theory), I can fully relax and luxuriate in my complete and utter obsolescence throughout the coming new year(s)... Hallelujah!

3 comments:

rlfsoso said...

Hey, very nice! I liked my F3 when I had it (got stolen in Ireland 1993) but didn't like the Finder information on exposure… I wonder about the autofocus lens in manual mode… then a '20 is probably not cheap so one has to make do… Happy new Year.

Stan B. said...

Thanks, rlfsoso- back at ya. Have never experienced problems manually focusing an AF Nikkor.

Eric Rose said...

I use my old MF Nikoor glass on my D700 and F5 all the time. Works like a charm.