Wednesday, February 23, 2011

So Long Manchester Photography!

Just found out that Mark Page has ceased publication of his blog- Manchester Photography. Those of you who frequented it knew that Mark spoke his mind, and if you're like me, kept going back because you appreciated exactly that- along with his sense of humor, and oh yes, what he had to say about photography.

I had the pleasure of working with Mark on Expiration Notice- an online photo gallery which had a brilliant (if I do say so myself) if short lived (3 editions) shelf life. One might think working with ol' Mark would be a major pain in the arse, truth was- nothing of the sort. And we both so hated to see it go- we had hoped that we could continue our collaboration, perhaps with a little added commercial support, but it was not to be. I'm still pretty proud (as I know he is) of the photographers we published, the imagery we exhibited, and the showcase we created and provided from scratch.

I hope we haven't heard the last of Mark on the blogosphere, but perhaps his time will be better spent in his professional life, his photo projects, whatever- it aint as easy as some may think to come up with something half way original on an almost daily basis. And wouldn't at all be surprised if one day I'll be able to stop over in Manchester to see what's on view on the walls of The Page Photo Gallery- maybe I'll even be able to get into a group show there...