Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Snake Box Odyssey- Paul Close


I first saw The Snake Box Odyssey by Paul Close on Colin Pantall's blog and meant to get back to it, but then had major problems via my computer- fortunately, the Duckrabbit has redirected my attention. In the meantime, I thoroughly apologize (theoretically) to all the poorly paid underlings I so thoroughly abused over the phone in the name of large faceless corporations...

I usually don't fall for such visual "gimmickry," but I think the studio backdrops incorporated into these compositions really work aesthetically. And it certainly proves that with a little ingenuity, one can in fact, take interesting, original pictures in Africa that don't have wild animals, child soldiers, or dying refugees... These are a joy to look at (can't wait for the book)!

No comments: