Thursday, June 18, 2009

Prison Photography


When Pete Brook came out with his Prison Photography blog, I must admit I was like... huh? I mean, yeah, ya gotta find your own little niche and all, but- prison photography!? I thought it would quickly descend into one of those one or two posts a month blogs about stuff of little interest or consequence to anyone save a sociologist.

Not being a photo insider, I run a pretty generalized photo blog- finding things that interest me (let alone others) is not always easy. And yet this guy continues to prove me wrong each and everyday with one of the best photo blogs, period- featuring quality, original work not featured elsewhere, all with a very relevant social underpinning. Don't let the name throw ya, and check it out- regularly!




Photos: David Simonton

No comments: